To take care of silver, rose gold and gold-plated jewellery and to maximize its lifespan, follow these simple tips:
- Remove hand-worn jewellery before washing hands.
- Do not wear gold-plated jewellery when doing activities that involve heat or moisture, such as showering, swimming, exercising and anything else that would get your jewellery wet or exposed to extreme heat.
- Apply lotion and perfume before putting your jewellery on. So jewellery should always go on last.
- Store gold-plated jewellery separately to avoid scratches.
- To prevent tarnishing, please store gold-plated pieces in an airtight jewellery box, pouch, or a plastic zip-lock bag. We prefer plastic zip lock bags. They may not be glamorous, but they stop the oxygen from getting in and prolong the gold colour of the jewellery.
- To clean and restore the shine to gold-plated jewellery, use jewellery cleaning cloths that are intended for plated jewellery or a sunglasses cleaning cloth.